They want the 4 very best scopes for .308 rifles they can buy:
1. Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 Scope
- Leupold Mark MOD 1 3-9x40mm Riflescope
- Price: $349.99
- Price as of 07/11/2020 05:51 PDT(more info)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
2. The Nikon M .308 Tactical Scope
- Nikon M-308 SF 4-16x42mm Riflescope w/ Nikoplex Reticle, Black - 16462
- Price as of 07/10/2020 13:27 PDT(more info)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
3. The FSI Sniper Kit
- FSI Sniper 6-24x50mm Scope W Front AO Adjustment. Red/Blue/Green mil-dot Reticle. Comes with Extended Sunshade and Heavy Duty Ring Mount
- Price: $93.00
- Price as of 07/10/2020 22:23 PDT(more info)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
One of the great benefits of modern precision machinery is the ability to purchase fantastic optics at fantastic prices. FSI offers a high powered scope with six to twenty four power magnification, red/green illuminated reticle and a 50mm objective lens, complete with a sunshade and mounting rings. Certainly one of the best .308 scope deals out there right now, this is a complete kit, ready to install on most any .308 rifle. Probably one of the best features of this scope is its illuminated reticle, which allows you to see your reticle under low light conditions, making it ideal for fitting on a hunting rifle.
4. UTG SWAT Compact Rifle Scope
- UTG 3-12X44 30mm Compact Scope, AO, 36-color Mil-dot, Rings
- Price: $117.06
- Price as of 07/11/2020 06:42 PDT
More Advice on Picking the Best .308 Rifle Scope
There are millions of .308 rifles running around all over the globe. Some are rugged, no nonsense hunting rifles with synthetic plastic stocks and plain Jane finishes. Others are true works of art, built with the finest walnut stocks, hand finished steel, and lovingly built to be as much a work of art as a functional weapon, while still others are police or military tactical rifles, ranging from sniper rifles to modern tactical rifles like the AR-10 or M1A. However, they all will benefit from the addition of the best .308 scope suitable for the task at hand.
Owners of modern tactical rifles tend to favor either a compact scope that adds minimal weight, or a large high powered unit that really lets them reach out and touch something. Typically a tactical scope will have an illuminated reticle, a built in bullet drop compensator and turrets specifically regulated for popular bullet weights.
In turn, the best scopes for .308 bolt action rifles share a lot of similarities with the best tactical scopes for .308. Weight is a consideration, and illuminated reticles are nice for hunting in low light conditions, but a hunter wants a simply rugged scope that has adequate magnification and maximum light transmission. A target shooter, who takes joy in punching holes in paper from the comfort of a bench will seek out something different still. Large objective lenses, long scope bodies and sunshades are the order of the day for the bench shooter. They too want .308 calibrated turrets and a good range finding reticle.
The .308 benefits from a good scope for a number of good reasons. It’s a waste of a perfectly good round to shoot it at iron sight ranges of a hundred yards or less. This is a round designed to go the distance and to really reach out and deliver punishing energy at a distance. For that you absolutely need the best .308 scope you can get your hands on. No matter what you are shooting, from the most basic hunting rifle, to the most mission critical modern tactical rifle, you will benefit from choosing the best .308 scope possible. We’ve poked around and shown you some great choices suitable for any budget and any application, now get out there and shoot!