One of the main benefits of reloading your own ammunition is that it increases the precision and accuracy of your gun. However, to improve your gun, you first need to improve your cartridges. The only way to improve your cartridges is to reload them with as much accuracy and precision as possible.
Some people would argue that hand loading is the most accurate way to reload ammunition, and, so long as the loader is experienced and a master at his or her craft, this would be correct. Any single stage press has the potential to be precise, but even turret and progressive presses can be tweaked to increase accuracy.
If you want a reloading press that is reliably accurate and consistent in its precision, look no further than Lee’s presses. Their single stage press and turret press are easily the most accurate and affordable reloading presses on the market, and they are excellent products for beginners to take their first steps into reloading.
Lee’s Precision 50th Anniversary Reloading Kit
- Lee Precision Anniversary Challenger Kit II
- Price: $146.99
- Price as of 08/12/2020 01:13 PDT(more info)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
A single stage press is great for accuracy because you build your cartridge one step at a time. This press makes it especially easy to remain precise and focused during each step of the process, thereby increasing the quality of the finished bullets. The great price only increases the value of this kit and allows you to be able to build better bullets with less time and a smaller investment.
Lee’s Precision Classic Turret Press Kit
- LEE PRECISION Classic Turret Press Kit
- Price as of 08/12/2020 02:57 PDT(more info)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The simplicity and quick set up of this press make it a great starter’s press, and the included manual is useful for starting with proven loads. The tools that are included with the press are as good as they come. This turret press kit is a great option if you want the most accurate reloading press and be able to reloading bullets in bulk.
There are some things you can do, regardless of your press, to be as precise as possible while reloading your ammunition:
– Start with load recipes and data from reloading manuals or the Internet
– Experiment by deviating from the proven loads you’ve been using
– Reload cases that you’ve fired from your weapon
– Make sure your bullet concentricity and seating depth is optimal
– Use precise and accurate measuring tools
Alrighty then, that’s about it. If you would like to learn more about other reloading presses, including progressive presses or shotgun shells, please visit our homepage for more info. Take care.
Owner of Reloaderaddict.com, Boyd Smith is a major handgun enthusiast, and although he owns Glocks, he prefers the revolving wheel type. His go-to guns are a Smith & Wesson 642 Performance Center for carry and a Ruger GP100 in the nightstand biometric safe (he has kids). He loads both revolvers with old-school 148-grain Federal Gold Medal .38 wadcutters. It’s OK if you think he’s a wimp. Email him.